The outpour of support for Eat Less Water is overwhelming. As of this writing, ELW is a #1 New Release in Water Garden & Ponds on Amazon. This book is not a landscape book, but it is wonderful to see a #1 header for the book (not bad for ten days of pre-sales). I’ve been asked by supporters, what they can do to get the word out, and move ELW to the top of the non-fiction book list. Here are five ways to help grow Eat Less Water:
- Pre-order your book. Strong pre-sales signal to booksellers there is a demand and will purchase more books. Pre-orders also improve book ranking.
- Request Eat Less Water at your local library now. There are close to 120K libraries around the nation.
- Invite me to present to your school, organization, local farm, home kitchen (more about this in an upcoming post). I am taking this message on the road. The book tour officially begins November 1, 2017, but pre-launch events are starting.
- Add a review. All online booksellers provide a place to add reviews from readers. These are incredibly important. Just think about how many times you’ve made a decision to purchase a book based on good reviews. Most booksellers will not allow reviews before the publication date, but some do, like Books-A-Million and Goodreads. If you’ve read an Advanced Readers Copy, please review now. Even if you haven’t read the book yet, you can share your enthusiasm for ELW.
- Share this blog post on social media or forward to friends and family. Let people know that you pre-ordered the book and/or requested it from your library. Follow me here, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. The simple act of sharing starts a ripple effect.
Here are some of my favorites Facebook posts supporting ELW:
I just pre-ordered my sister’s book, Eat Less Water! 7 years in the making, it is a seamless blend of facts, narrative, and recipes on the critical topic of food production/consumption and water conservation. Show support for the environment and for my sister Florencia Ramirez, a passionate and dedicated Latina author. Pre-order yours today (on Barnes and Noble or Amazon)!- Xilen Ramirez
So happy to celebrate my friends brand new book, Eat Less Water, debuting Nov. 2017. Years of dedication, persistence, support paid off!-Mona Alvarado Frazier
Believe it or not, there is a silver lining to the U.S. pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Before you slaughter me, consider this: millions of Americans… maybe even people all over the world… just realized that if they want global warming to end, they’ll have to do it themselves.
Now that the U.S. government is no longer paying attention, maybe millions more will think twice before turning on a tap and walk away. Maybe now, many more of us will consider a zero emission car as opposed to whatever comes with leather upholstery and a video screen in the headrest. Maybe now even those of us who were paying attention, will find ways to save our planet just a tiny bit more.
Here, let me help…
Eat Less Water is a cookbook and a call-to-action designed to help us understand that everyday decisions are a force for change. 7 out of every 10 gallons of fresh water is used to grow and produce our food. What we choose to eat directly impacts the water in the ocean and the fresh water available in the world. Every. Single. Bite.
If you are looking for a way to help curb global warming and fight climate change, here is your manual for making a difference. It champions the farmers, fishermen and food organizations that are utilizing techniques to heal and protect our planet, while producing the highest quality ingredients. “Eat Less Water” also has super yummy recipes… so there’s that.
Pre-orders are available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Book comes out Nov. 1st… just in time to make your meal of giving thanks one that truly honors Mother Earth.- Mikko Cook
After reading your prologue, I am hooked! What a beautiful story, so vivid and captivating . Not only are you a very talented writer, but you are also an inspiration, and the latter is what causes change in the world.
Now more than ever, we need to realize how important every drop of water truly is. Thank you for helping us understand, and act on, our new reality as individuals and as a nation.
Can’t wait to have the book in hand! –Veronica Munoz
Environmental warrior Florencia Ramirez’s project, EAT LESS WATER, about all the interactions between the soil and your dinner plate, and what we can do about it, is now a book! I’ve been reading her blog for some time–but now she’s going the next step. Congratulations Florencia Ramirez for opening our eyes to the science and solutions. Available for preorder!- Janet Fitch
Your next great summer read….how to save the planet by moving to a plant based diet and conserving precious water resources. So excited to read this book by Florencia Ramirez!-Dr. Geeta Maker Clark